Friday, May 31, 2019

Leon Redbone dies, age 69.

Well, this just sucks.

Variety: In a nod to how Redbone sought to exist outside of time, much less current musical styles, his death announcement gave his age as 127.
...speaking about his preference for remaining enigmatic, Redbone said, “I don’t do anything mysterious on purpose. I’m less than forthcoming, but that doesn’t necessarily mean I’m mysterious. It just means I’m not inclined to go there.”
[.]
Very little of my life goes into my music,” Redbone told the Star, explaining the disconnect between his public and private personas. “I’ve never considered myself the proper focus of attention. I’m just a vehicle … not so much for the particular kind of music I prefer, music from an earlier time, as for a mood that music conveys.”
More at Rolling Stone via YahooLeon Redbone, Cult Singer Who Helped Revive Ragtime, Dead at 69.

"Shine On, Harvest Moon"

Leon sang the theme song for the television show "Mr. Belvedere".

No comments: