Monday, March 4, 2024

Caught the Yucks.

Or whatever is floating around out there.

Woke up Sunday morning with the chills, a dry cough that wouldn't stop and a "headache" that ran from temple to temple across my forehead. 100.2-100.7 temp. Yet, no congestion, no runny nose. Had something to eat and loaded up on multi-vitamin, Vit C, Zinc, sudafed, and lots of Gatorade. Back to bed. Slept - Awake cycle. Ate a bit more. Repeat same treatment.

Teh Coof? Don't know, didn't test, don't care. When I feel like described above, and it's rare, I do the same treatment and (for me) it always works.

Today is better. My my temp is 98.1 and the dry hack is gone. And I've smoked 2 cigs today which, yesterday, I had no desire, at all. So I'm on the mend.

Time to repeat my treatment and go back to sleep. 

Be safe out there.

8 comments:

Z@X said...

Get well soon, pal. The wild rides the weather has been giving us may be a factor, Hang in there.


/JZ

Jess said...

I had it at the end of last year. I didn't run a fever, as far as I know, but followed my usual regime of vitamins, and antihistamines, at the beginning. After a week, and the congestion started, I used an expectorant to clear the phlegm. A few weeks later, my wife had symptoms, went to her doctor, and was diagnosed with Covid. She refused the death cocktail they wanted to inject her with, and I had an argument with a nurse practitioner, who became confrontational when I explained my sided of the entire Covid debacle.

Doctors, and their minions, need to realize they've stepped in it, and aren't doing much to regain the trust of patients. I'm guessing many will fall from the market when the long term effects of the inoculations become more rampant.

Drake's Place said...

Z@X , Thanks for the kind words. 98.6 this morning and this afternoon. Can smoke. Headache comes and goes. Cough almost gone. Food tastes like cardboard. I got Teh Disease X !!!!

Drake's Place said...

Jess , Sounds like we treat ourselves in a similar manner. Dittos to you and your wife for refusing the death cocktail. Neither of us are vaxxed and so far m wife remains unaffected, though we are limiting contact.

I've never slept so much in such a short period of time. Sleep is healing but being awake for a few hours and then going back to sleep is getting old, fast.

Cederq said...

Get better! Mankind in it's most strident way needs your guidance and quick wisdom. Plus I need an intelligent nemesis for a battle of wits!

Drake's Place said...

Cederq Thank you. Doing my best to get back to 100%.

molson said...

I hope it is not beebeebotulitus. You may have it if every time you close your eyes everything goes dark and everything you eat turns to shit. Nasty stuff that beebeebotulitus. Still not as bad as bidenpox. That one makes you terminally stupid for which there is no cure.

Drake's Place said...

Molson , beebeebotulitus?? Need some help that one, never heard of it and don't know what it means. Appreciate the concern, no worries, I won't ever catch Bidenpox