Monday, February 27, 2023

East Palestine Residents Give Grim Update after Toxic Train Wreck: ‘We’re Dying Slowly’.

Slay News: East Palestine Residents Give Grim Update after Toxic Train Wreck: ‘We’re Dying Slowly’.

Residents in East Palestine, Ohio have given a grim update on their declining health following the toxic train derailment earlier this month.

Locals in the small town, where a Norfolk Southern train derailed on February 3 causing a subsequent toxic explosion, say they are now suffering disturbing symptoms, the New York Post reports.

“Doctors say I definitely have the chemicals in me but there’s no one in town who can run the toxicological tests to find out which ones they are,” said 40-year-old Wade Lovett.

Lovett now has a high-pitched voice that sounds as if he’s been inhaling helium.

‘My voice sounds like Mickey Mouse,” he said.
[.]
“It’s hard to breathe, especially at night.

“My chest hurts so much at night I feel like I’m drowning.

“I cough up phlegm a lot.

“I lost my job because the doctor won’t release me to go to work.”
[.]
Many of them are facing health issues from the chemical fire as well as the psychic toll of their town becoming, in the words of a scientist visiting the area Thursday, the new “Love Canal” — a reference to the Niagara Falls, NY, neighborhood that became a hotbed issue in 1978 because people were getting sick from living above a contaminated waste dump.

Many residents are also complaining of mystery rashes and sore throats after returning home following the lifting of evacuation orders on February 8.

“Yesterday was the first day in probably three or four days that I could smell anything,” said Shelby Walker, who lives a few yards from the epicenter of the crash and explosion.

“I lost my smell and my sense of taste.

“I had an eye infection in both eyes.

“I was having respiratory issues like I was just out of breath.

“Other members of my family have had eye infections and strep throat.

“The cleanup crew drives past us at night and won’t even look at us.

“It’s like we don’t exist. No one has reached out to us or told us anything.”

According to an independent analysis of EPA data by Texas A&M University released on Friday, nine air pollutants were found around East Palestine at levels that could cause long-term health concerns.
[.]
According to Harvard-trained toxicologist, Stephen Lester, the hot zone at East Palestine is one of the “most concerning” he’s ever seen – and warned that the chemical dioxin that was released during the controlled burn will be embedded in the soil and water.

“Until the government takes this seriously there are going to be real problems,” said Lester.

It’s criminal that the EPA didn’t come forward with information about dioxin and start testing for it.”

Biden and Company don't care about Americans. They're far too busy propping up their latex-wearing Tiny Dancer/ex comedian installed ruler of Ukraine.

If the soil and water in EP is in such great condition, why not haul it to Rehoboth Beach and dump it near Senile Joe's estate?

No comments: