Friday, May 4, 2018

NHL Friday, May 4

Argh. I got backlogged in updating which only leaves me confused on staying current on my picks.

My picks for the two games on Wednesday were:

Boston 4;  TBay 1

LV 4;  SJ 2

Actual Final Scores:

Boston 1;  TBay 4

LV  0;  SJ 4

I didn't think the Sharks had it in them to win, and I'll be more than happy to eat my own words of writing them off if they win this series. Kudos San Jose; you played to win Wednesday night and played wonderfully.

And TBay just killed...they just chewed up Boston. Boston didn't even look like Boston. They usually are speedier than anyone they're playing in any game, but they looked tired and played slowly - something you almost never see in them.

Thursday Game Results:

I didn't make picks or even watch the games last night, but the results were:

Game 4: Pens 3;  Caps 1 - series tied 2-2.

Game 4: Preds 2;  Jets 1 - series tied 2-2.

Going back to TUESDAY'S game between Pittsburgh and Washington, the NHL suspended the Caps Tom Wilson for three games for his vicious, ugly and intentional shoulder to the head of the Pens Zach Aston-Reese, giving him a broken jaw and concussion.  Clip below (for longer videos of the below just do a search on "Wilson-suspension-Aston Reese jaw"):

Footage used in accordance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code

Yeah - that's a deliberate intent to injure.

Tonight's Games:

Game 4, TBay at Boston, 7PM EST - Series TBay 2;  Bruins 1

Game 5, Sharks at LV, 10PM EST - Series tied 2 games apiece

My picks:

I think TBay continues their winning streak.

TBay 5;  Boston 4

Sharks at LV, Sharks at LV, Sharks at LV, Sharks at LV.........this series has just been....something else. I know LV will be playing like a bat out of hell tonight wanting to win. And the Sharks really need to win this one, the pressure is on them. Surprise me again San Jose...

Sharks 6;  LV 5 in 1 OT
- - -
5/4/2018: Grammar fix

No comments: