Monday, May 29, 2017

The Stanley Cup Begins. (Or, Another Long Boring NHL Post.)

Tonight, Game 1, between the Nashville Predators and the Pittsburgh Penguins, playing at Paints Arena  in Pittsburgh.

Potentially injured players  unlikely to play a major factor. Those listed "out for the season" were known factors prior to today and the others fall into the category of "[Will Play] Prob[ably] Monday."

Who will win Game 1?

Fansided predicts Penguins over Predators by 3 - 2, in one OT.

Odds at Vegas Insider have Pens over Preds by  2 - 1.

And sports bet guru Oddsshark echoes Vegas with a Pens win over Preds by 2 - 1.

The Pens are the defending champions, a back-to-back win for them would be the first since Detroit in 1997 and 1998,  so in a way, I'd like to see the Penguins win The Cup this year.

This is Nashville's first appearance in The Cup. So, in a way it would be nice to see them win.

I have no horse in this game or either teams.

"Predators" v Penguins
During the playoff season, I made my predictions off of what I thought was conventional wisdom and current stats (injuries, etc). But, just guessing, my predictions are probably running 40/60, with me being wrong 60% of the time.

My Game 1 Prediction:  Predators 1,  Penguins 0.

Happy Hockey!

Disclaimer: The above is purely guesswork on my part and is not in any way to be taken as advice on sports betting or engaging in gambling or wagering; legal, illegal or other. Not responsible for material at linked sites.

No comments: