Monday, May 15, 2017

NHL; Returning to Predictions

The Ducks evened their series 1 - 1 against the Predators and the Pens lost 2 - 1 against Ottawa in 1 OT.

Sunday was a beautiful day, here in Minneapolis/St.Paul, way too nice to blog. So I didn't get around to making a pick in last night's Ducks - Preds game.

I figured the Ducks would HAVE TO even-up the series before game 3, in Nashville, on May 16, and they did.

Ottawa beat the Pens 2 - 1 in one OT, AND - - - my pick on this one was RIGHT ! Except I didn't predict it in OT:
"My prediction yesterday was
Ottawa 2,  Pittsburgh 1."
As we speak, at 8pm Eastern Time, the Pens host the Sens in Pittsburgh for Game # 2. Ottawa leads the series 1 - 0.  The Pens KNOW they have to win this one - they can't go to Ottawa down 0 - 2.

If the puck hasn't hit the ice in Pitts, it will any moment.

My pick tonight, Game 2:  Penguins 4, Ottawa 2

Mike Milbury











After the Pens loss on Saturday night, NBC NHL commenter Mike Milbury was really critical of The Pens. He said they looked tired.

Well, yeah, after a full SEVEN game series with the intense and phenomenal Washington, I suppose they might be a bit tired...Mike. He also said stuff like the Pens have to take control right now or they risk losing the series. They lost 2 - 1 in OT.  It's not like Ottawa came in and thrashed them 7 - 1. Milbury...can be an ass at times. Or he has some grudge against The Pens...who knows.

Don't forget, the Ducks beat Calgary 4 - 0 in round one of the playoffs.

I think I mentioned it before, but Nashville is playing superb hockey. I think this is their year; I pretty much think they are unbeatable, barring major injuries.

Disclaimer: These NHL predictions are not any way intended, or to be taken, as advice on sports betting or engaging in gambling or wagering; legal, illegal or other.
- - -
Grammar correction  5/16/2017

No comments: