Sunday, July 7, 2024

"We noticed you didn't watch our ad! You vill watch ze ad before you zee the content!"

I can't find a story on this, so I don't know if this is a joke or true. 

If true, advertisers and sponsors will monitor your eye contact confirming you watched their ad before allowing you to view the actual content? And if they see that you didn't maintain eye contact, you'll have to watch it making certain to maintain eye contact? I don't F'ing think so. 

If you're aware of a story substantiating this new and innovative Big Brother Tech experience, drop a comment. This has to be a joke, right?

If true, I have to imagine this will result in a lot of unwatched content. Would you watch an ad where you're being monitored to make sure you view the ad?

2 comments:

Cederq said...

Not me. I have the camera in my laptop taped over with black electrical tape and I cut the wires to my mics and placed a resistor across the leads to mimic the resistance of the coil that picks up sound waves and converts them to an electrical signal that gets amplified then is sent on it's merry way. Little hard to do if whomever is checking and gets some kind of carrier wave and blackness when trying to access my camera. So, I don't do zoom or any kind of video contact. If they want to contact me, it has to be in person.

Drake's Place said...

Cederq , A piece of tape over the camera is what Fox Mulder did too. ;)
Sounds like you have a solid procedure to keep the sniffers away.