Saturday, November 23, 2019

Transgender bathroom policy: "It's not everything we want."

It never is.


Video footage shows a high school girl choked up when her high school ruled that trans students have unrestricted access to bathrooms and locker rooms.

A high school student identified by the Daily Herald as Julia Burca chokes up as she discusses how her school district ruled Thursday that transgender students will have unrestricted access to bathrooms of their choice, video footage created by the Daily Herald shows.

I feel uncomfortable that my privacy is being invaded,” Burca says, who had a red nose and eyes. “As I am a swimmer, I do change multiple times naked in front of the other students in the locker room. I understand that the board has an obligation to all students but I was hoping they would go about this in a different way that would also accommodate students such as myself.”
Palatine High School in northwest Illinois [is] where board members voted to give unrestricted locker room and restroom access to transgender students[.]
[.]
A transgender student identified as Nova Maday [said], "It passed, it passed," Maday reportedly says happily in the video. "I’m ecstatic."

"It’s definitely a first step forward in many more steps, it’s a great policy, unfortunately, it’s not everything we want," [said Maday].
What are those "many more steps"?

-
Stream Archived

No comments: