Monday, September 17, 2018

A Catch up note; and Remembering Burt Reynolds (and...the 2018-2019 NHL Season!)

There was about five weeks where I didn't update anything. It wasn't intentional. Everything is okay and I hope all is okay for everyone, too. I didn't get to stopping by as much as I'd wanted to at some of my favorite places, but I tried to get caught-up with what I'd missed over at at Phil,  Irish,  Zack,   Bunkerville,   Odysseus,   Mike,  Dissecting Leftism and just about everyone and every place else I hadn't hit over the five week absence.   

A couple opportunities knocked at the door and I answered, and it's taking some heavy time investment, but again, it's all good. I suppose, as have others, sometimes I haven't made the best judgment call in answering when opportunity knocks. Sometimes I've made the better decision, other times, after time had passed, I knew I made the dreadfully wrong decision. Other times, I didn't even answer the knock. I try to not do that anymore. I try to find opportunity in everything now. Sometimes it takes a lot of work. But what that is worthwhile doesn't?

It probably turns some readers off, but - sorry folks - the NHL is just around the corner. Yeah, I hear the groans.

But if it is news/politics/hot topic analysis, opinion, insight, wit and just some downright fun, throw a dart (not literally) at any of the fine blogs on my Blogroll on the right sidebar. You won't be disappointed. And I'll try to get back to updating on a more frequent basis.

- - -

I have to mention the death of Burt Reynolds It's just my opinion, but I think he was was one of the best, damn, under-rated and under-appreciated actors, ever. He'd easily be in my list of the top ten actors of all time.

Try to search and find The Last Movie Star and watch it. It's available online and maybe on Netflix. It's fantastic.




Rest In Peace Burt.

** Updated September 18, 2018 **

How could I have forgotten The 'X' Files episode "Improbable", with Burt playing the role of God? Well worth watching.

(From the above Wiki link). 

Casting

Burt Reynolds was chosen for "Improbable" after he expressed his desire to appear in an episode of The X-Files to Robert Patrick. [X-Files creator Chris] Carter approved the idea and told Patrick that he would "write something good". He later noted that "as a young man, [Reynolds] meant something to me" and that the chance to act alongside him him was "surreal". After Carter had written the script, he presented it to Reynolds for his approval; Reynolds approved of the script and agreed to be in the episode.[5] Robert Patrick later noted that Reynolds "had a great time, and he loved working with everybody."[3]

No comments: