Saturday, December 9, 2023

Lamborghini paint job: 435 hours; + 220 hours for interior.

AutoBlog (with lots of pics): One-off Lamborghini Revuelto Opera Unica took 435 hours to paint.

Lamborghini turned the Revuelto, its new flagship model, into a one-off art car to celebrate its 60th birthday. Unveiled ahead of its public debut at the 2023 Art Basel show in Miami Beach, Florida, the 1,001-horsepower coupe named Opera Unica was designed in-house.

Beyond commemorating 60 years of Lamborghini's V12-powered cars, the Opera Unica showcases what the brand's Ad Personam team is capable of. It was painted entirely by hand. The front end is finished in a color called Viola Pasifae, and the livery gradually fades into a shade of black called Nero Helene. That's just the base layer; Lamborghini then added blue, red, and orange accents to emphasize speed.

Getting it perfect was more difficult than it might sound. Lamborghini notes that the livery required 76 hours of development and testing plus around 435 hours (that's over 18 days!) to apply. The finish touch is a 60th Anniversary logo on the hood that's only visible in the right light.

That's just the exterior; the interior took 220 additional hours to complete

More Lambo pics and news below at the link

CarScoops: This Lamborghini Revuelto Has A One-Off Paint Job Like No Other.


4 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

I have never been a fan of any European cars, but I assumed all of the automakers over there were much older than that. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that Lamborghini is only one year older than me.

Weird.

But, Adrienne Barbeau and Tara Buckman made that Countach a favorite of mine for a short time.

Drake's Place said...

Paul , Same here with Euro cars. I was impressed with the hours that went into the paint job and the hood logo being visible only in the right light. Even if I could afford a Lambo I'd never buy one. I'd be too afraid to drive it. LOL.

Adrienne & Tara, quite attractive in their day!

Great hearing from ya!

Cederq said...

I don't even know how I would get in or out of that... I ain't that limber.

Oh, you have a wonderful obituary today.

Drake's Place said...

Cederq , Same here, I'm so used to getting in or out out of trucks or SUVs when I do get in a car it seems too low to the ground.

The Kissenger obit? Yeah, we be missin' Henry. ;)