Thursday, August 17, 2017

Brain Break Games

Let's take a moment and step back from politics, current events, global climate warming change, and exercise our brains in a different manner.

A search on Optical Illusions, (something I've always enjoyed) turns up a lot of different sites. There's tons of them at which to play around.

I found some interesting ones at Illusions.org. Especially the one below:

Look at the chart below above and say the COLOR
 of the word, not the word itself.

Why is it so difficult?  Because the right half of your brain
is trying to say the color, while the left side of your brain
is trying to say the word.

I started out "okay" because I knew what I was supposed to do. But I stumbled on the third row on the Blue colored word Yellow. And I had to concentrate on the rest and definitely felt that "left side/right side" conflict of the involuntary reflex of wanting to say the word, not the color.

And THIS ONE explains why I am not a good proofreader of my own material.

And THIS ONE is fantastic. 
 
Put the world on "hold" for a few moments, and have some fun with optical illusions.
- - -
Grammar error fixed: 8/16/2017

No comments: