Monday, March 25, 2019

It's Monday again.

I've never done a "It's Monday" post that are so popular at so many sites and blogs. They're all pretty funny. But doing regular and consistent updates like that - it's more effort than I have in me.I tip my hat to those who do these updates on a regular basis.

So - a Happy Monday, for the first, and likely only, time...


The Vault of Horror: "High Anxiety", Mel Brooks' Hitchcock Spoof:
But my personal favorite spoof scene has always been the death of Dr. Wentworth, played by Dick Van Patten. A takeoff on a scene from Hitch's last film, Family Plot--released the year before--it features Van Patten struggling to escape from a car while the world's most annoying rock song blares over the car stereo, until his eardrums explode. This ludicrous scene always cracks me up the most, and best of all, Brooks actually composed the rock song! ("If you love me baby, tell me LOUD! LOUD!")

Mel Brooks: "[Van Patten] had a talent for that rarest of gifts—satire."


Happy Monday.

No comments: