Sunday, January 26, 2020

My First NHL 2019-2020 Season post.


In past years, I would have written something back in late September 2019 during NHL pre-season. Except for Sportnet's firing of Don Cherry in November 2019, I haven't written a word about the 2019-2020 NHL season. What took so long? Many of the teams I like aren't playing well. Some of the teams that are playing well - some of which I used to like - I now want to see them crushed.

Unless magic happens, (as it did for The Blues last season), currently the MN Wild aren't playing in the manner that brings home The Stanley Cup. We'll see if the Wild can shake off the bad juju and turn their game around over the next few months.

It's overdue, by a few seasons, that NHL Commish Bettman needs to go. He's held the position since 19fucking93. He did some good, some not-so-good. Step aside, Gary.

Related - Toronto Sun (December 2019): Hockey Night In Canada ratings fall after firing of Don Cherry. Only Sportnet and HNIC didn't see this coming.

Happy Hockey!

No comments: