Sunday, April 28, 2019

Heavy.com is NOT reliable. Reports John Earnest "open lettter filled with references" to 4Chan.

Heavy.com is unreliable.

Case in point, their story of John Earnest: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, item # 3:

John Earnest posted a link his manifesto on 8chan, an imageboard-style forum, and his “open letter” is filled with references to the far right and other dark corners of the Internet. He also referenced 4Chan’s /pol/ message board.
Earnest's "open letter / manifesto" never once mentions 4Chan. He mentions 8Chan once, referring to how others will post on 8Chan writing, " 'Feds are talking to me guys because I post on 8chan, it’s so spooky’ are ‘organically’ popping up.' What a load of shit [.]"

He's writing about the postings of others on 4Chan and 8Chan, not himself.

WTF Heavy? What and who are the "Other Dark Corners of the Internet"? The only reference Heavy makes is PewDiePie as their example of a "Dark Corner"? PewDiePie (PDP) a "Dark Corner"? AYFKM?

Earnest's manifesto does mention /pol/ but both 4Chan and 8Chan have their versions of a similar sub using /pol/ and simply, /p.  I don't know what point Heavy.com is attempting to make. That Earnest was radicalized by what he read or viewed on 8Chan, 4Chan or PDP?

I haven't looked today, but I'd imagine John Earnest and his terrorist actions are mentioned all over The Chans. I spent some time at 4Chan last night and found nothing referencing him prior to the shootings.

According to Media Bias, Heavy.com skews politically Left. Please, no - I'm not saying "we can't ever trust Left-leaning media sites."

I can't remember the exact story, but it was recent. I read various reports on the issue. Again, wish I could remember the topic but I can't. Essentially, what I read were conflicting information the likes of:

One story said, "the car was heading east."

A second story said, "the car was heading west."

That kind of thing.

Heavy.com is known for it's "Five Fast Facts You Need to Know About [Insert subject or issue]." Heavy.com is like Wikipedia. Both are okay, below mid-level, sources for general, casual information and knowledge on any subject. For reliable and factual information, it is up to all of us to dig deeper.

No comments: