Friday, April 28, 2017

NHL Picks Continues

These posts, those on the NHL - solely for my purpose of record-keeping. I don't play fantasy football or speculate on any other sport or event other than the NHL. So it's fine if you don't read these posts. If you're a hockey fan, add a comment, what teams are your picks?

I've been Away From Keyboard, nothing major going on - just taking care of business before blogging.

I don't know where I stand on my picks as how many I've gotten right / wrong or final scores or how many games in a particular series. At this point it seems like an awful lot of math for me. And in case you don't know this: Nothing good can come from math. Nothing. (I may do a tally later.)

I did think the Sharks would win their series against Edmonton but they didn't.

I expected Pittsburgh beating Washington {EDIT: The Blue Jackets] and they did.

Washington beat Toronto. I had picked Boston as a Wild Card but they were eliminated by Ottawa.

My Western Conference "Wild" Card is St. Louis and they beat the MN Wild (damn them...), but they're playing Nashville who seem...unstoppable. Like a machine that grinds up everything in its path and just chucks it aside. More on them below.

The Ducks beat Calgary in a 4-0 series sweep











Nashville is the only other team, thus far, to have a 4-0 series sweep and that was against Chicago. Will the long rest Nashville had hurt their game? Not so far, as they lead their series against St. Louis 1-0.

Ottawa leads 1-0 against the N.Y. Rangers.

Pittsburgh 1-0 against the Washington Capitals.

Edmonton ahead of the Ducks, 1-0.

"And...we're off...":

I think Nashville will sweep St. Louis 4-0. They've been animals on the ice. Who can stop them from entering the next bracket ? The Ducks? Edmonton? Maybe Edmonton?

I don't see Washington beating the Penguins. This match-up will either play out to a seventh game or the Penguins will take it 4-0...maybe 4-1. The way the Caps have been playing, they're a team that manages to capitalize (no pun intended initially, but then...of course), on those key moments that make the difference between who continues in the playoffs and who doesn't.

The Ducks and the Oilers. The Ducks and the Oilers. The Ducks and the Oilers. The Ducks and the Oilers. The Ducks and the Oilers. The Ducks and the Oilers. The Ducks and the Oilers. The Ducks and the Oilers. The Ducks and the Oilers.
I honestly don't know.

Ottawa and N.Y ? Again - wow - like the Ducks and Oilers - I just don't know.

Jump To The Cup:

Well, who plays for the Cup absolves me of my inability to pick winners in the Ducks - Oilers and the Rangers - Ottawa games.

I'm getting ahead of myself but...barring any major player injury, the two teams I see destined playing for The Stanley Cup:  The Penguins vs Nashville.

There, apologies if you found this boring.

Again, you're a hockey fan or other, add a comment of what teams are your picks?

Disclaimer: The above is purely guesswork on my part and is not in any way to be taken as advice on sports betting or engaging in gambling or wagering; legal, illegal or other.

Publish time 2:22PM MST.
Item updated 5-3-2017

No comments: