Sunday, February 4, 2024

Happy Birthday!

Happy 76th, Alice.

  

 The video is good, the audio is low so - crank up the volume! ⏬

"Hello Hooray" by Alice Cooper, from 1973's Billion Dollar Babies; live at Wacken Open Air Festival, Germany, August 3, 2013.

 

"School's Out" by Alice Cooper from 1972's School's Out.

Alice Cooper: Caffeine from 2011's Welcome 2 My Nightmare.

"King Herod's Song" from 2018's "Jesus Christ Superstar!"

RS: "King Herod's Song" from 2018's "Jesus Christ Superstar !"

“Wouldn’t you know that they would give me the part of the villain?” says the singer, who is mild-mannered and very funny offstage, a hint of amusement in his voice. “When this opportunity came across, they said, ‘Hey, why don’t you be in Jesus Christ Superstar?’ And I said, ‘I’m either Judas or Herod, right?’ [🤣] And they said, ‘Herod.’ I said, ‘OK, I knew that was coming.'” He laughs.

It helped, too, that Cooper has tackled the role before. In 1996, he recorded a version of “King Herod’s Song” – a playful, almost vaudevillian tune mocking Christ’s powers – on a London cast recording of the production, though he didn’t act it onstage. The liner notes of a recent compilation of Superstar composer Andrew Lloyd Webber’s works called it the “definitive” recording of the song.


 

Alice: "MICK JAGGER is six years older than me, so when Jagger ends, I have got six more years because I'm not going to let him outlive me." 🤣

4 comments:

Matthew W said...

Loved him on "The Muppet Show " !!!

Drake's Place said...

Matthew, That IS a great Muppets episode!

Jess said...

If he changed his appearance, you couldn't tell the difference between him and that nice fellow that owns the grocery store. His showmanship has few in the industry as good, or creative.

Drake's Place said...

Jess , Good points; I agree.

The other thing, and I'm a huge fan of his so I'm not dissing him, is there really isn't anything remarkable about his voice, yet, it is unmistakable and easily recognized.

If you ever find yourself looking for a fun, easy read, try his book 'Golf Monster.' Found it at the library. His life in R&R and golf.

Way back in his younger days: "Barbra Streisand chased me around a room begging me to have sex with her. I said, 'I have no interest in being intimate with you.'" LMAO!