Sunday, June 11, 2017

NHL Game 7 , Game 6, 7 , SIX on Sunday Night...or Do I watch The Tony Awards?

My deeply conflicted quandary: Do I watch the NHL game and record The Tonys for viewing later, OR, do I watch The Tonys and record NHL Game 6?

I'm certain that forcing someone to watch the fabuluth Tony Awards  is against the Geneva Convention.

Hmmmmm, let's see...The Tonys hosted by late night park cruiser Kevin Spacey or...NHL Hockey. Yeah - real tough decision.

I want the Penguins to play like tonight is Game # 7, even though it's actually Game # 6.

Those who watched Game # 5 Wednesday Thursday night saw the Penguins playing as they should be playing...shredding the Predators Six to Zero,

Penguins goalie Matt Murray is slated to start tonight.

Huge Kudos to Murray for not allowing one, single puck cross the crease. He played fantastic on Wednesday night.

Evangi Malkin has eyes like a hawk. He was Wednesday night's MVP, even though the NHL doesn't designate an MVP per game.
Malkin had a huge game, posting a Gordie Howe hat trick — a goal, an assist and a fight — in just 14:03 ice time, but what made his comments perfect were how it seemed to ignite the rest of the Penguins.
His goal is available to view and it's just magnificent. The guy has eyes like a hawk, like a hawk I tell ya.

Game # 5 Predictions - let's see how "we" fared:

Dave Stevenson at Fansided, had not made a prediction on Game 5 at the time of publishing.
Both Oddsshark and Vegas Insider predicted a Pens win over the Preds with a final score of 10 to 9

My Prediction for the final score of Game  # 5:  Pens 5,  Preds 3
Yeeesh. With Game 5's final score of Pens 6, Preds 0 ... no one came close on predictions.

I did get the Bonus Question right: "Will a catfish be tossed onto the ice tonight?"  I predicted "yes" and it happened.  I want to say that two found their way onto the ice, but my memory is sketchy. Luckily, the one - and if there were two the same applied - they hit the ice whole and not filleted and gutted like it was in Game 1.

Nashville goalie Pekke Rinne was benched after the Pens sailed the puck past him into the net three times out of NINE shots. Every goalie has their off day. He was pulled from the game and replaced with Juuse Saros, who seemed to handle himself quite well.

I'd like to write more on Game 5, but time is short.

Preds v Pens
On to Game # 6 Predictions:

As of publishing this post, there was no Game 6 prediction I could find at Fansided.

Both Oddsshark and Vegas Insider Predict Nashville 12 and Pittsburgh 11.

I don't know on what basis both Odds and VI are predicting their final scores, but their predictions for past games have also been a tad bit high when it comes to final scores.

I have been saying this series will go the full seven games and I'm sticking to that.

My Prediction for tonight's final score:  Nashville 6, Pittsburgh 5 in 2 OT's.

Game 8  7 (if the Pens lose), returns to Pittsburgh on Wednesday, June 14.

Bonus Question: Will a catfish be tossed onto the ice tonight?  My prediction: Yes.  How many?  Three! 

Happy Hockey.

Disclaimer: The above is purely guesswork on my part and is not in any way to be taken as advice on sports betting or engaging in gambling or wagering; legal, illegal or other
- - -
Grammatical and other errors fixed 6/13/2017

No comments: