Sunday, April 21, 2024

"I want to be just like Joe Biden," said no one, ever.

Reuters: Some young people see Trump as an answer to their economic woes.

For Democratic incumbent Joe Biden, who overwhelmingly won the youth vote in 2020, an erosion of his support among young voters could potentially dampen his hopes of a second term.
[.]
There are also signs young people are slowly warming to the Republican Party, despite Biden's efforts to keep them on side by trying to cancel student debt, expand affordable housing and reverse curbs on abortion rights.
[.]
"I make decent money and I can't afford a home on the salary I make now," said Steve Wendt, 26, a security guard at a nearby hospital.
[.]
"I don't really like what we are doing with Ukraine," [Collin Crego, 19] said. "When I hear him (Trump) talk, he's very patriotic, very 'America First' and I like that."

No comments: