Wednesday, July 5, 2023

In the meantime...

... Will be closing shop here again (go private a bit longer) and working on the garage project. It is getting organized. 

But then...there's - - - - - arrrrrggggghhhhhhhh - - - - a basement room that's next. I figure I'll be back publishing on a regular basis sometime around the 2028 election.

I can't (yes, I can) believe all the stuff we (many of us) accumulate over the years. Why didn't someone warn me when I was younger not to do this? Dad?!?!?!?!!!! Dad was a chucker, not a saver so I must take after my Mom. Mom!?!?!?!?!!! 

It's not a hoarding thing, it's, "why are we saving something we haven't used in over 10-30 years?" The universal answer to this is, "within a week from throwing it out you'll find you or someone else need it or some part of it." Fact Check: True. ✅

In the meantime, please check out THIS SITE; This Is Temporary.

8 comments:

Z@X said...

MAN, we are in the SAME universe.

I be on a crusade to toss detritus accumulated over 25-years over here.

I be on a crusade to fix / update floors, doors, and windows.

etc
etc
etc

If it weren't for the BOT traffic, my blog would be a ZERO CLICK!

Hang in there. Please stay in touch.

/JZ


molson said...

Good luck on the projects DD. I've had too many myself. If all goes wrong, remember that there isn't anything that can't be fixed with a can of gasoline and a match. See you when you get back.

Phil said...

When you get done you can come out here and I'll show you a real challenge!
LOL!

Drake's Place said...

Zack,

Man, you said it. I don't know how so many of us accumulate so much stuff. I swear that stuff stored away either has offspring or grows like the The Blob. "Projects" is a 4 letter word.

You getting some bot traffic? Would it happen to be from Singapore? LOL!

Drake's Place said...

Molson, Thanks, same back at ya on your projects. And if I understand your advice, what you're saying is, it isn't arson unless I make an insurance claim? 😉

Site will be back public once the projs near completion, so, like I said, 2028.

Good hearing from you.

Drake's Place said...

Phil, This inanimate shit breeds, I'm convinced.

I'm almost willing to make you a "blind exchange" challenge for clearing stuff out but I'm guessing I'd lose there. 🙃 Good luck man, seems like many of us are in clean-up/clear-out mode.

You & yours all take care.

Anonymous said...

Post before and after pictures. Incentive!
-Mark

Drake's Place said...

Mark, No. You can forget about that. Heh.