Thursday, July 20, 2017

Conveying the Best To John McCain

I want to wish the very best to Senator John McCain in battling his recently diagnosed cancer.

I've taken a lot of jabs at McCain's politics - not McCain, the person. I always strive to apply an equal standard on political viewpoints, ideology and policies/laws. Liberal politics offends me. It should offend everyone. But I would apply the same standards to John McCain that I would to Joe Biden. Or W. Bush. Or Trump. No one gets a free pass here because there is an "R" or an "I" after your name. And McCain seemed always eager to be the first "Republican" to give-in to the Democrats and join them in too many of their causes.

I do rip on ideology. It's never personal. Well...maybe...maybe there's a little of it meant to be taken personally with Joy Behar . And Maureen Dowd.  And maybe someone else I can't think of at the moment. An exception or two always exist. Hey, I advise at the top of the page that Liberals should not read this blog.

Image via The Atlantic
Image via The Atlantic

I will keep Senator McCain, his family, friends and colleagues in my prayers and ask that you do the same. And may God Bless him and heal him.

No comments: